Wednesday 3 April 2013

An Upstairs Bathroom is a must.

In these days I think an upstairs family bathroom should be like the Internet,  - in every house.   Unfortunately not in mine.  I may be up to date with my wifi but my daily ablutions have to be done downstairs, not easy with arthritic knees.
So this year I intend to make my smallest bedroom into a bathroom for all the family to use.
Although nowadays a shower is a must, you cannot beat a long soak. My ideal bathroom would have to have clean lines and strong shapes, and must be made strong and durable, classic yet simple stylish and functional and the Bathshop321 Sorea M100 Shower Bath Suite fits the bill perfectly.  http://www.bathshop321.com/complete-bathroom-suites/modern-bathrooms/l-shape-shower-bath-full-suite/

My ideal bathroom would have a jacuzzi bath with colour changing lights a push button toilet a heated towel rail and stainless steel taps with easy grip levers for my arthritic hands to get a hold of.  The decor would be a half tiled bathroom in travertine wall tiles with half plastered walls, so colour scheme could be changed throughout the years, the floor covering would be a  good quality cushion floor with shaggy bath and pedestal mats and of course fluffy matching towels, Christy towels are my favourite and come in an array of beautiful colours to match any colour scheme.  A modern illuminated mirror is a must if your bathroom like mine does not have a lot of natural light, for when my daughter wants to touch up her make up or my son wants a shave, and last but not least a lock on the door, so that when I want to have a soak in peace the kids cannot get in to bug me.... oooh Heaven.  But how boring am I?  If wishes were fishes I'd have a big sunken bath with a jacuzzi jet, I would have a sparkly chandelier hanging from the ceiling with a stiletto shoe chair in pink and black leather to relax in while I paint my toenails, I would have a total body dryer save on me having to towel myself dry, I would have a waterproof tv with built in DAB system with surround sound so I never missed an episode of Corrie or listened to my local radio station blasting out the hits.  I'd have a double sink for me and him one each so no more moaning he can't get near, with plug points all around for tongs and dryers and straighteners electric toothbrushes and shavers, there'd be built in cupboards to hide the loo rolls and talking about loo's I'd have a clos-o-mat to wash and dry paper not needed, (I hear the Queen has one) so that would be my throne, with a newspaper rack at the side for all my weekly mags, I could read real life true stories while escaping to the loo.   Unfortunately this old terrace house does not have the room, so unless I come up with the lotto, boring me has to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment