Wednesday 3 April 2013

My brothers website

I recently designed a website 12 years after losing my only brother to murder.  I had rang around web designers but they were asking for silly amounts to make me one.  I saw an advert on tv and decided to give it a go.  I have no knowledge of how websites work and cannot tell a HMTL from a TCP/IP it is all double dutch to me.  After I made up a name for my site, which I now know can be 72 characters long, I was up and running, I began by adding photos and writing the odd paragraph, it took me a few days to write all that I wanted to say, I added widgets for facebook and twitter.  I was really pleased to see what I wanted the world to know was suddenly in front of me on the screen.  Mine is a website where I need a message about injustice to get out, and I certainly did, I emailed the link to every member of the house of Lords and had lots of interest in my plight, I was even given advice on how to go forth with my campaign.  And as the law was recently changed and Double Jeopardy is now available for serious crimes, I am in talks with the police and the CPS to try to have my brother exonerated of provoking his own death. Who would have thought my little page form insignificant me could get people in power discussing my brothers murder and looking into changing laws for other victims in similar positions.   I went from double Dutch to Double Jeopardy in one week and hopefully my epetition will be signed and changes for the better shall be made. http://www.letvictimsofmurderedlovedonesappealmanslaughterconvictions.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment